Friday 24 May 2013

Happy Seven Months to Christmas!!!!!

Welcome to our Countdown to Christmas Blog Hop!!!!
If you have come from the talented Saras blog welcome !!
If you have just come by for a visit and would like to check out the blog in order I have posted the hop order with links at the end of my post.


I have been having so much fun making Christmas cards every month!  I am well on my way to filling my table at this years Christmas Craft Fair. Being part of this Christmas Blog hop is seriuosly fun and helpful.

This months theme is Festive flowers.
When you make cards according to a theme you realize what supplies you are lacking in your craft room.
For me it was Christmas flowers.
Happily  I was able to come up with some. 
Then my Darling Bald Man bought me a Big Shot with some fabulous Dies that I am looking forward to sharing with you all in the coming months projects.

My first card that I made I used a Holly Hobby Christmas stamp that my husband bought me this past Christmas season that I hadn't had a chance to use yet.
Iam please how it turned out. I also realized that I may need stronger glasses for the finer detailed stamps. 





For my second project I found an old brochure frame and thought it might be fun to try and make it into a 3D type card.
Not totally sure if I am in love with it but it made for a fun afternoon and has given me some new ideas.


I got to use one of my favorite Christmas Tilda stamps from Magnolia and I paired her up with    a fun Kraftin Kimmie Snowman.  
I hope you enjoyed your visit to my Blog and hope you had a chance to visit the blogs of all the other lovely christmas Hop. If you missed one or came across my blog by chance here is the blog hop order with links.
Merry Early Christmas!!!!


Blog Hop Order

2.) Heather

4.) Sara

5.) Sandy you are here



9 comments:

  1. Loved both your cards. Great idea to use the brochure frame for a dimensional card as you did. It was lovely. Also the Holly Hobby card brought back memories from my daughter's very young childhood. She was 'into' everything Holly, and I had not thought of that for years, until I saw your card. Beautiful job on both projects. TFS & You will love the Big Shot. It's a workhorse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Sara. Love the first one with Holly Hobby....adorable. The second one is such a good idea and think it worked well.
    You will love the Big Shot I am sure of it. Have fun creating wit your new toy.
    Hugs Sally xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your caqrds are great. I remember I had so much Holly Hobby stuff growing up that that card brought back memories for sure. The use of the borchure stand for a 3D card is so cool. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy; BOrth of your projects are fantastic! I love the Holly Hobbie card (had a Holly Hobbie lunch box in Kindergarden, LOL) and your fame is so cool, great for decorating!

    Hugs;
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your cards! Adding the buttons is so creative, I loved it the last time you did it too! Definitely one I will have to remember.

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary, buttons are defiantly my go to embellishment.

      Delete
  6. Totally realized I forgot to go back and comment on everyone's post last month. :) sorry my mind filters are on work lately and everything else it kicks back out until something reminds me....

    - lovely job Sandy.. I also have that Tilda stamp she is just adorable

    ReplyDelete